Sunday Stealing: The first 20 meme

Sunday Stealing: The Twenty Firsts Meme

I don’t know whether I’m the only person with a bad memory or whether the creator of this meme has an exceptionally good one. How I can possibly remember all those firsts I don’t know, but I’ll try.

• First Job: My first job during school holidays was stamping books at our high school.
  • First Real Job: Receptionist at a hotel
  • First Favorite Politician: Is there such a thing? If I have to name one it is Gregor Gysi. He’s a smart left wing politician, who hasn’t been in power, so he’s never had the chance to fuck up.
  • First Car: Fiat Panda
  • First Record/CD: Not sure, probably The Beatles 1962-1966
  • First Sport Played: I don’t play sports and never have. I was always forced to do it.
  • First Concert: Michael Jackson, I’m sorry to say.
  • First Foreign Country Visited: No clue, I’ve been around since I was very small. Probably it was Italy.
  • First Favorite TV Show: Die Biene Maja, an adorable cartoon featuring a cute, diligent bee and her male sidekick, Willi, who is the laziest guy ever. All he does is take naps. This show shaped my view of the world and of the relationship between men and women.
  • First Favorite Actor: Val Kilmer
  • First Favorite Actress: I don’t remember ever having one.
  • First Girlfriend/Boyfriend: Sergio
  • First Encounter with a Famous Person: I don’t remember my first encounter. It’s always a customer / staff relationship anyway. I don’t go celebrity hunting.
  • First Brush With Death: In the 90s when a Japanese friend, who has never been driving a car with stirring-wheel on the left, drove us around in the US in a car that belonged to a guy from the UAE. When she went right on red, disregarding another’s right of way, we collided and the car almost overturned and went down a hill. We were taken home by the police, it was all dead exciting. She was in lots of trouble later, because the actual car owner was the guy’s cousin who knew nothing about the car being given to her. And it was a write-off, afterwards. Oh, the joys of travelling.
  • First House/Condo Owned: I don’t own a house (or condo).
  • First Film Seen: Maybe Bambi.
  • First Favorite Recording Artist: No clue. I’m very disloyal to favourite artists and change them quickly. I probably did back then, too, and don’t even remember them. There are only two that stuck with me through the years.
  • First Favorite Radio Station: No clue. However, I enjoyed listening to this radio program on Sundays when I was a kid. It was hosted by a guy with a great, deep, booming voice. I always imagined him to be a nice man. I met him years later (full of anticipation) and found out he was a total jerk. Demanding, never satisfied, condescending and overbearing. Sounds can be deceiving.
  • First Book I Remember Reading: Oh, please. Maybe “Die Forsthausmaus”, a book I only managed to find recently on a swap site again for my kids. I keep telling them that mama read this more than 30 years ago and they are not interested.
  • First Meme You Answered on Your Blog: Sunday Stealing about Blogging only a few weeks ago.

1. Ewwwwwwww, MJ?!!! No way. lol, well, he was cool when much younger. And Mmmmmmm on Val Kilmer.

My Sunday meme is now posted, won’t you join me? Happy stealing!

Hootin’ Anni’s latest blog post..

2. Good answers. That cartoon seemed to sum up male/female relationships fairly accurate. Think it’s a shame that after you finally managed to track down that book, your kids show such apathy (though to be fair, if my mother had done the same thing I suspect I’d have had a similar reaction).

aneerietapestry’s latest blog post..Sunday Stealing: The Twenty Firsts Meme

3. Now I’ll have to scout around for the cartoon you mentioned — sounds like a good one!

Here’s wishing you a fun-filled Sunday!

4. I actually saw Michael Jackson in person when I was in college. He was in this obscure van with his bodyguards. Before his concert, they stopped by this condo building whose owner was one of the sponsors of his concert in that country. The security guard in the building was my friend’s buddy, my friend who owned a unit in the building and whom I was staying with, on a vacation. MJ and his crew stopped by to say hello to the owner’s children, and the guard alerted my friend, so we went down, there were just very few people there and I got within about 3 feet distance from him, very close! His skin was actually very beautiful and porcelain-like, not at all what it looks like on TV. I was very surprised. But anyway, this was all before the controversy blew up. And also, the highlight there for me was that his bodyguards were gorgeous, lol.

I never have played sports either in school, ever. I just hated it. But I did have a badminton phase when I was already a mom. And that’s only because my husband and my brother and sisters, all cousins, parents, were all in it. We had badminton tournaments in the family. It was fun, even for those of us who played badly. 😀

This is such a fun meme, I might steal it in the future.

claire’s latest blog post..Emily Dickinson and Poetry Month Winners

5. Anni & Harriet, yeah, MJ was pretty cool at the time. I was 19 or 20 and it was very exciting. I still like Val Kilmer, but as it happens he was Nurseexec’s brush with the famous and he was rude. I’ve heard that already a few times. He must be really obnoxious.

Mark, you’re right. If my mom recommended something to me she read when she was a kid I’d discard it for that reason alone.

Carleen, that cartoon is awesome, really. All sweet and cute. And the title song is a classic.

Claire, gorgeous bodyguards are usually more accessible than the stars, too, :-).
    Now that you mention Badminton, I played that for a while, even out of my own free will. Totally forgot about it. I once met Poul-Eric Hoyer Larsen who had won the Olympic Games that year and asked him to sign my racket bag. That was pretty cool. He said “Oh, you play Badminton” and I had to admit that he’d probably not call it that, LOL. But I haven’t played for ages. Still have the bag, though.

6. Cool that we were your first meme! The guy who wrote this asked all the questions to himself, so he had a huge advantage. Happy Sunday…