Here are the rules:
If You’re In:
- Choose a few books that you will attempt to finish this weekend (Friday evening through Sunday night).
- Post your TBR Read-a-Thon books on your blog so your readers can see what you are attempting for the weekend.
- Challenge your readers to read along with you! (It’s OK if they don’t, but might be fun if they want to choose at least one book to participate with).
- Join the discussion all weekend long at #bookblogchat on Twitter.
- Post updates on your blog about what you are reading and what you have finished (full reviews can come later, but this will let your readers know what you are reading so they can either read along or look forward to your reviews!)
- Visit other blogs that are doing the read-a-long. Post comments and follow your fellow bloggers.
- Make sure you sign up here with Mr. Linky with a link to your first post so we can follow your progress!
- *If you don’t have a blog but want to participate: Sign up with Mr. Linky, just don’t add a website (or you can link to your Twitter or GoodReads page).*
If You’re Not In, but Want to Support:
- Check out the blogs that are participating below in the Mr. Linky list.
- Visit those blogs and leave comments and encouragement
- Add to your own TBRs as you see what others are reading!
I already know that my reading time will be limited on the weekend, so my list of books is very small. I have two books I would like to finish this weekend. If I am able to do that I will be more than happy. Maybe I’ll even find the time to write a review of them, that would be just the icing on the cake.
Books that need finishing:
- Gods behaving badly by Marie Phillips
- The Sergeant’s Lady by Susanna Fraser
That’s it. Should be do-able.
Meanwhile Wallace has posted an update with a few tips what to do to get ready for tomorrow evening.
On Friday from 3-4 PST there will be a convo on twitter about keeping your blog authentic. More info about this at unputdownables. Too bad I won’t be able to join. That would be midnight for me and I don’t think I’ll be up for it.