Last week I posted the Author picture quiz for the Weekly Geeks. Today I want to let the cat out of the bag and tell you who the authors were that I showed you.
1. F. Scott Fitzgerald and Thomas Mann.
2. Annie Proulx (that was easy, you just had to look in the sidebar)
3. This is Axel Scheffler, a very popular illustrator of children’s books with a distinctive style.
4. He illustrates a lot of books by Julia Donaldson, who sings in my video her famous Gruffalo song. She and Mr. Scheffler were at Thalia in 2008 and put up a great show. I love her books.
6. Elizabeth von Arnim whose Enchanted April I reviewed recently.
Thanks everybody for posting your answers. Carin from A Little Bookish got them all right. According to her she found all the answers on this blog so she obviously has considerable detecting skills. Congrats, Carin! Since she didn’t enter the giveaway and there was only one commenter who actually DID enter (was it too hard, I wonder), the lucky winner of a book of her choice from my list is Judith.
Congrats, Judith. You said you wanted “The Smoke Thief”. Please tell me your address and I will send it to you as soon as possible.