55 quirky questions for readers, part 3

The Literary Lollipop created this fun quiz about your book habits. She says “Feel free to cut and paste the questionnaire onto your own blogs, or if you would like to add a question, please do so! Did I miss anything? Let me know! Change it around or leave as is… it’s up to you.”

I broke this up, because 55 long winded answers from me in one go will probably make you want to go to sleep. So here is the third set.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? No idea! I recommend a book when I really enjoyed reading it. I simply assume that my blog readers (at least the ones that read the same genre) will like what I liked. Yes, I am self-centered that way.

22. Favourite genre: Historical detective novels, m/m fiction, occasionally straight romance

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did): There is no genre I wish I read. If I wished to read it I would.

24. Favourite Biography: I don’t read that many biographies but I loved Augustus: The Life of Rome’s First Emperor and Cicero: The Life and Times of Rome’s Greatest Politician, both by Anthony Everitt.

25. Have you ever read a self-help book? (And, was it actually helpful?) Yes, recently I read “Waiting for Jack” which was sort of helpful.

26. Favourite Cookbook: I don’t have a favourite cook book. I like them in general and pick recipes from all over the place.

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction): No idea again. If you mean spiritually enlightening, I don’t think I have read any. If anything, I plan to read “F**k it” soon, so that might be it.

28. Favourite reading snack: I don’t eat and read at the same time. I treasure my books, if they got soiled with food I’d go nuts. Just kidding! But – unlike some (and you know who you are) –  I really don’t.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience: Never happened. I don’t care for hype either way. However, there is hype that gets on my nerves big time, like for example the one about The Lost Symbol. I haven’t read it but I did predict its contents months before its publication date.

30. How often do you agree with the critics about a book? I never read what critics have to say about a book.

Want to join and answer the questions? If you do, please, link me up!

1. I like your answers! But I feel you didn't like all the questions. Re: Q28 I was a bit miffed to see how you sneakily managed to mention the bad reading habits of my good friend Carin, habits which I share, by the way. 😀
    My recent post Blindness by José Saramago

2. Judith, don't be miffed on Carin's behalf. I'm sure I will get a good verbal thrashing from her about this when she sees it, lol.

3. Judith is now my favorite person. We will go in the corner with our greasy paws and read our books. I love that you split these questions up. I think more conversation has happened and less book defacing like dog earing and spine cracking!

Confession: I actually had to clean my greasy paws before opening Tricking of Freya today because said paws were too greasy to read! LOL!

• Judith, let me warn you! You might be her favourite person now, but as soon as you disagree with her she switches alliances again, :).

Carin, I agree, 55 questions in one go is just too much to take in.
      I cannot wait until Friday!!!

4. Rikki and I will sit in one corner and crack the spines as Carin and Judith sit in another and drip food on the pages. We'll see which side can take the horror the longest. 😉

Re: question 22.. I am just now starting to read more GBLT and I find the m/m (if I'm thinking of the right thing) so refreshing because you get a little bit of romance without feeling bad about yourself (if you are a straight woman). Sometimes after reading straight romance novels I am like, "where's my freakin' boyfriend???" When usually I am perfectly fine being single! Haha.
    My recent post Crazy Book Swap

• Ah, my rescue has arrived. Wallace, we'll have a lot of fun on Friday, I promise!

As far as GLBT is concerned, what I like most about it is that the partners are mostly on an equal footing, whereas in straight romance, especially historical one, there is always quite an imbalance between the two.

• C…c…crack the spines??? Carin, where are my smelling salts! Oh my, a coffee stain here, and a curry blob there, fine. But stay away from the spines. Oh horror.

Rikki, don't worry, I'm not going to disagree with Carin, she's SO right!
      My recent post Blindness by José Saramago

5. I wouldn't worry about that,. Judith doesn't mind food stains, as far as I know, lol. Just make sure you use a clean bookmark and open the book carefully.

6. You know what, I think we have scared everybody else away, lol. Too funny!

Yes, let's prepare our boxing gear for Friday! This is going to be fun!

Judith, yeah, you agree with her now. But wait a couple of weeks, another Friday will arrive, you will disagree with her and – whoosh – she will have disowned you like the rest of us.

7. Pingback: Tweets that mention The Bookkeeper » 55 quirky questions for readers, part 3 -- Topsy.com