For our book buying ban in September I went through my TBR pile and decided what books I am going to read in September. I’m planning 7 books, but I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to read them all, since my reading time is limited.
- The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
This might be the September read for the Unputdownables book club at Goodreads. I have been wanting to read this book for a long time, I even went to Engelthal last year to have a look at the place. If this will be the September read it would be my first read along of sorts.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Seems everybody has read the Millennium trilogy.
- The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Jay Fowler (from the library)
Carin already told me she didn’t like it, but I think we have different tastes in books for the most time, so I’m optimistic.
- The Shipping News by Annie Proulx (I am already reading it but find it hard to get into. I should not have watched the film before reading the book). Not sure whether this won’t turn into a DNF. I’d be very unhappy about it, but I’m not reading something just to be able to say I read it.
- Girl with a pearl earring by Tracy Chevalier
I’ve only heard good things about this book.
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
So many people recommend it, I just had to get it.
- And now for something completely different. Super easy reading: The Black Dragon by Allyson James. Paranormal romance, the second instalment in a series. I read and reviewed the first book “Dragon Heat” and was not particularly impressed. However, the second book deals with the characters I very much preferred to read about in the first, so I hope this is going to be better.
These are the covers I have. Most of the shops here only sell the Canongate issue of The Gargoyle, but I very much prefer the Anchor cover (maybe I’ll show some of its covers in the next comparing covers post), so I waited for a bit until I found it on my book swap site. The same with I capture the castle. This cover below is so much nicer than the one with the castle photograph.