Steampunk challenge update

Wow, I am totally overwhelmed by the response to the challenge. I’m still working on the list of participants, but will post it asap. So far 27 people have signed up and a lot of steampunk lovers have given us tons of recommendations.

There are even a few reviews up already even though the challenge hasn’t even begun officially. Isn’t that great? Make sure you go and see what some of us have already read. Seems everybody is quite enthusiastic about it and eager to start. So am I. I ordered two books which should arrive shortly (and broke the book buying ban in the process).

I am going to start with something light and fluffy (according to some), “Soulless” and then will have a look at the “Steampunk” anthology to get a little overview of what is out there.

What are you all going to start with?

1. Does writing steampunk count as participating in the challenge? I’m somewhere between a quarter and a third through my first attempt at writing a novel that probably qualifies in the genre.

2. Ariel, I think I can say that if reading counts then writing counts as well, don’t you think? Would you like me to add your LJ to the participants’ list? Do you post updates about the story on it?
    That sounds intriguing. It will probably be a while until it is released, but I will definitely read it.

3. Oh, I’d love if you could do that. I’ve been bad about posting anything there recently, but this will give me a reason to get started doing it again. I have names, a scenario, and about 30,000 words so far. Do you still have the link or do you need it again?

4. Great, I’ll use that tag link then. I must admit I find it extremely hard to look around on LJ blogs. I don’t understand how they work at all, so I’m glad you created the tag to make it easier to find what I am looking for. But that’s me….

5. I’m looking forward to getting started. I think i’m going to start with Soulless by Gail Carriger. After that… I need to peruse the recommendations LOL…

6. Angelique, I sitill haven’t got the books, so I have to be patient. But I have read so many good things about Soulless by now, I can’t wait to start.