Again I have missed Thursday 13 for quite a while. This must be the first one in months. As it was Oscar Wilde’s birthday a few days ago, here is another batch of his quotes – and it’s all about romance…(or relationships).
- They spoil every romance by trying to make it last forever.
- A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.
- The heart was made to be broken.
- The very essence of romance is uncertainty.
- Romance should never begin with sentiment. It should begin with science and end with a settlement.
- Men always want to be a woman’s first love. Women have a more subtle instinct: What they like is to be a man’s last romance.
- Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love: it is the faithless who know love’s tragedies.
- One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.
- How marriage ruins a man! It is as demoralizing as cigarettes, and far more expensive.
- Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
- Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
- How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.
- In married life three is company and two none.
See here at Thursday 13 what other TTers are talking about.