For the One, Two, Theme Challenge 2011 I have finally decided on my three topics. I went through my TBR pile and built my themes around it to make sure I get some books read that have been sitting on my shelf for quite some time.
My three themes are Wicca, WWII and Relationships.
Now, what books to choose?
I plan on reading:
- The Spiral Dance by Starhawk
- The Real Witches Handbook by Kate West (already have that one as well)
I might add
- Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham that Angelique suggested.
That leaves me with one fiction book I still need. Does anyone have any recommendations?
- After a look around and from recommendations I might read "The Forest House" by MZB.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
- Joseph Goebbels by Kurt Riess. This is a biography that came out in 1950. Kurt Riess was working for the US Army at the time; he searched archives and spoke to people who worked for Goebbels etc. right after the war.
- He’s just not that into you by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo
- Essays in Love by Alain de Botton
Important artifacts and personal property from the collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris including books, street fashion, and jewelry by Leanne Shapton
This book – as non-fiction as it sounds – is a fictional auction catalogue that portrays the rise and fall of a four-year-relationship.
I think this is going to be a fun challenge for the next year.