Hosted by The Story Siren
This is going to be a post that spans over the last weeks, since I haven’t done in a long while….Quite a few of them I have already blogged about, so there is not that much new.
- “Joseph Goebbels” by Kurt Riess, a biography that I am going to read for the One, Two, Theme challenge
- “The summer of skinny dipping” by Amanda Howell, another YA book I have been thinking about reading for a while. Unfortunately I stopped and can’t bring myself to continuing.
- “He’s just not that into you” by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo, also for the One, Two, Theme challenge. Read it, not too fussed.
- “Zingerman’s Guide to Good Eating: How to Choose the Best Bread, Cheeses, Olive Oil, Pasta, Chocolate, and Much More” which was recommended some time ago by someone in a Weekend Cooking post.
I got for Christmas
- “Essays in Love” by Alain de Botton, also for the One, Two, Theme challenge. Read it, loved it.
- “Horns” by Joe Hill,. Reading now.
- “ Life or something scary like that” and its sequel “Life changes everything” by TC Blue from Torquere Books. Liked them.
- “His Hearth” and “Tooth and Nails” by Mary Calmes from Dreamspinner Press. Liked them.
- “Demon’s Dance” by Evey Brett from Carina Press. Can’t recommend it.
- “One real thing” by Anah Crow and Dianne Fox from Carina Press
- “precious_boy” by K.Z. Snow from Dreamspinner Press
I so liked “Essays in love” that I am now obsessed with reading more from Alain de Botton. Amazingly, my library for once lived up to expectations and had some of his books. I managed to get three of them.
- “How Proust can change your life”
- “Consolations of Philosophy”. Reading now.
- “A week at the airport: A Heathrow Diary”
What was in YOUR mailbox recently? Check out other In my mailbox participants here.