Weekend cooking: 3-minute-muffin

I am totally excited about this recipe! My husband stumbled upon on it and forwarded the link to me. It is by no means a gourmet recipe, just a very regular muffin, no finesse and certainly no skill is needed to do it. BUT – it is tasty, it is extremely quick, kids love making it and you need no oven and no dishes, bowls, measuring devices, just a table spoon, a mug and a microwave.

3-minute-muffinmuffin1

Ingredients:

• 4tbs flour
  • 4tbs sugar (possibly a little less sugar if you don’t like it super sweet)
  • 2tbs cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3tbs milk
  • 3tbs oil

Mix flour and sugar in the mug. Add cocoa, stir (1). Add egg, stir (2). Add milk and oil, stir. Put mug into microwave and heat up for ca. 3 minutes at max. power (I used 800W, the most my microwave will do). Stop when muffins stops rising (3). Eat with spoon straight out of the mug. Enjoy!

muffin2 muffin3

You can find the original recipe (or at least the one that we found) here

Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads

1. What a cool idea when you just want a little something but you don’t want to be tempted by a dozen cupcakes. Wow. I need to try this.

BTW: here’s the answer to your question about the cookbook I reviewed today: “Oh, I meant to talk about vegetarian: yes, there are plenty of vegetarian dishes — not very many vegan. But I think a vegetarian would be happier checking this one out from the library rather than buying it.”
    Beth F’s last post ..Beth Fish Does Book Tournaments- Awards- and Events

• Thanks, Beth. I will have a look at the book on amazon. Library is out of the question for me, unfortunately.

• I know, I don’t particularly like cooking with the microwave, but this is so easy, quick and fun, it’s worth a try.

2. Holy moly – but that sounds good! 3 minutes is just about long enough to fix a chocolate crave. Thanks for sharing.

• Kasumi, are there any changes to the Spanish recipe? Do they add anything different to give it another flavour?

• No, it’s the same recipe, but they called 5 nitues because they count the 2 minutes you need before to mix the ingredients.
        But someones also put chopped chocolate and/or nuts. And always with the cocoa (because it’s a microware recipe, and without the cocoa the color of the muffin is terrible…)
        Kasumi’s last post ..Cat Street 07-08

• I am sure you could leave the cocoa out and use vanilla flavour in order to give it another taste. I was also wondering whether one could add small banana chunks etc. I think the recipe can easily be modified.

• Caite, I had a look at yours. Ah, yours sounds much more sophisticated than mine. And it looks like a real piece of cake on your plate.

• I think it depends on how long you leave it in the microwave. 3 minutes make it rather firm and only a tiny bit gooey.

3. I like the idea of a muffin in 3 minutes. Better yet I like the idea of very little clean up. I’m forwarding this to my twelve-year old granddaughter. This is a great idea for budding bakers.

4. How neat is that? I don’t eat muffins very often but that looks so easy, and good, how could anyone not try it?

You can visit my Weekend Cooking HERE

5. Seriously, so COOL! I think a lot of us Weekend Cooks are on a muffin binge or something 😀 Mine were easy enough, but yours, nothing beats yours xD

6. Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I will definitely make this recipe, only I’ll use melted butter instead. :<) Thanks so much!