In June I
- read and reviewed Death of a Macho Man by M. C. Beaton
- read Death of a dentist by M. C. Beaton
- started reading Girl Reading by Katie Ward for the readalong with Caroline and Judith. Caroline finished it already, Judith gave up on it. Its book beginning is here and my thoughts on the first two stories are here.
- started reading The Love Object by Edna O’Brien, another collection of short stories
- Hallelujah! FINALLY finished “The first man in Rome” by Colleen McCullough. My (incoherent) thoughts on it coming soon.
- participated in the Literary Giveaway Blog Hop
- purged my Goodreads lists and went on a book buying ban
- talked about the TV series with Hamish Macbeth
This month I am planning to
- celebrate my four year blogoversary on July 15 and the following week. Watch out for different giveaways , they are a very eclectic mix!
- finish “Girl Reading”
- finish “The Love Object”
- start with The Grass Crown, the second book in the Masters of Rome series. Can’t wait!
How was YOUR reading month?