In December I
- read and reviewed The lost art of gratitude by Alexander McCall Smith My review * Goodreads
- read and reviewed Just one night: The stranger by Kyra Davis My review * Goodreads
- Read and reviewed Murder is binding by Lorna Barrett My review * Goodreads
- DNF’ed Murder Unleashed by Elaine Viets Goodreads
- read and reviewed Chapter and Hearse by Lorna Barrett My review * Goodreads
- read Fix-it and Forget-it Holiday Main Dishes and Sides by Phyllis Pellman Good Goodreads
- watched some Dickens movies for Dickens in December
The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Blackadder’s Christmas Carol
- A Christmas Carol (BBC)
- participated in the Book Bloggers Holiday Card Exchange and got this lovely card and gift in return.
This month I am planning to
- try to finish the Grass Crown which I hope to enter in Birgit’s 2013 chunkster challenge (in reality the challenge has a nicer name than that)
- finish all my other “currently reading” books which would be really great. I’d love to start the new year all clean and tidy.
As for the challenges I participated in…
Mount TBR Challenge:
I didn’t read all of the ten books that I first planned to read (in fact I read two), but nevertheless I reduced my TBR pile considerably. So I call it a success.
Narnia Reading Project:
FAIL! My own project, too. But, after the first book I gave up. I suppose you have to read Narnia for the first time as a kid and not as an adult.
2012 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge:
My goal was 56 book minimum and I read 62. Success.
Venice in February Reading Challenge:
Started one book and DNF’ed it. Fail.
Tea & Books Reading Challenge:
Planned to read two books and finished one. Fail.
If you would like to see what challenges I joined for 2013, go here.
My TBR pile and the book buying ban:
When I started the ban in June I had 65 books waiting to be read that I owned already. Today that number is 43. I haven’t read all of those in the meantime, but I purged the pile a bit more and got rid of some books that I know I won’t read. Apart from some gifted books and a few swapped ones I haven’t acquired a single book since June. I am proud of myself.
I additionally created a “read maybe” shelf on Goodreads which is exclusive, where I put books I might read in the future and don’t want to forget about, but I don’t consider seriously just yet. The to-read books include 22 books on my wishlist.
Goodreads status now:
I am pretty happy with this.
How about you? How did your challenges / buying bans go?