Nothing too crafty today but rather a home decor project. As I have already done some very basic sewing for our balcony in 2011 I feel I can sort it under Crafty Tuesday.
We are living in a flat and the balcony faces the soccer pitch of a small local club – which makes for some loud and amusing entertainment on weekends. About two weeks ago I decided that its current looks is not very inducive to relaxation so I am in the process of transforming it into a wellness heaven (well, sort of).
This is its state during a preliminary cleaning (with a little helper):
My plan of action (already set in motion):
- Buy plants and pots at the garden center
- Order a bamboo rug for the stone floor on ebay
- Buy a couple more cushions for the chairs at IKEA
- Find a triangle pillow for the floor to lounge and read on
- Buy large pillows for the floor at IKEA
- Get prayer flags as decoration on ebay
- At my swap site I discovered a couple of cute bottle holders that you can loop around the railing.
I will keep you posted over the next few weeks. Once everything gets here my balcony will be ready for summer. Can’t wait!
Do you have a balcony, patio or garden? Show me some pictures, please!